Sedgeberrow Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855


Sedgeberrow is a very small parish, about 3¼ miles from Evesham, and 12½ from Cheltenham, containing in 1851 a population of 348 inhabitants.

The Church is a large, ancient, and substantial edifice, with a small octagonal tower, surmounted by a spire; the building exhibits portions of the decorated and later English styles of architecture. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Rev. Francis Henry Barber, Rector; Mr. Richard Male, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.

There is a small Baptist Chapel. No stated minister, or regular time of service.

There is a small school-room in the village. Dorcas Moody, Mistress. Average number of scholars, 40.

DIRECTORY

Port Rev. George

Ashwin Frederick, farmer

Barnes William, shopkeeper

Buckle George, victualler, Queen’s Head

Burrows James, cider seller

Coldicott John, farmer

Cole Nehemiah, farmer

Hampton William, victualler, New Inn

Herbert William, miller

Nind William, farmer

Osborn John, farmer

Stephens Thomas, farmer

Stoke Caroline, shopkeeper

Stokes Joseph, blacksmith

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.