Rushock Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855


Rushock is a small parish, situate about 3 miles N.E. from Kidderminster, and contained in 1851 a population of 214 inhabitants.

The Church, which was rebuilt in 1756, is very pleasantly situated on a hill, and contains nave, chancel, and north and south transepts, and at the west end is a small tower. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor. Rev. John Piercy, LL.B., Rector; Mr. John Jackson, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.

DIRECTORY

Piercy Rev. John, LL.B., Rector, Rectory

Lett Mrs. S., Nash Hill

Baynton Samuel, farmer, Haymans; also of Worms Field

Bellamy Thomas, farmer, Wood Farm

Jackson Sarah, shopkeeper

Lett Joseph, farmer, New Farm

Newey John, farmer

Packwood William, shopkeeper

Taylor John Lythall, blacksmith

Tippin James, shopkeeper and fruit dealer

Watkins Joseph, farmer, The Laylands; also of the Gabbs

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.