Pedmore is a very small village and parish, about 1 ½ miles S.E. from Stourbridge, on the Bromsgrove road. It contained in 1851 a population of 318 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a small, ancient structure, in the Norman style of architecture, with tower and one bell. It has a very romantic appearance, being nearly covered with ivy. Rev. Thomas Philpott, M.A., Rector; Mr. Joseph Chapman, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Amphlett Mrs. Jane, Red House
Hunt William, Esq., Pedmore Hall
Philpott Rev. Thomas, Rector, Rectory
Beddoes Thomas, farmer, Foxbreak
Bell George, farmer, Wichbury
Buford Jacob, victualler, Foley Arms
Evers J., nail and chain maker, and farmer
Grazebrook George, solicitor and farmer, Race Course, and Stourbridge
Hipkins Thomas, maltster and brewer
Smith Samuel, farmer, Pedmore Farm
Yardley John, farmer, Leasehold
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855