North Littleton is a small parish, situated about 4 miles from Evesham, in the Upper Division of the Hundred of Blackenhurst, and the Eastern Division of the county. The population, with that of Middle Littleton, according to the last census, was 314.
Middle Littleton is a township in the parish of North Littleton. In this township is a large barn, which was formerly a religious edifice in connection with the monastery of Evesham.
The Church is a small structure, in the early English style of architecture, with a square turreted tower, and pinnacles at each corner; it is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The living is a Perpetual Curacy, annexed to South Littleton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester. Rev. Henry Godfrey Faussett, Incumbent; Mr. Henry Rose, Clerk. Service – 10 30 a.m. and 2 30 p.m., alternately with South Littleton.
There is a small Subscription School in this parish. Mr. William Chesterton, Master. Average number of scholars, 35.
Ballard Edward, farmer
Ballard William, butcher, farmer, and coal dealer
Brookes George, wheelwright
Brookes John, farmer
Careless Sarah, farmer and beer retailer
Cox Andrew, boot and shoe maker
Hemming Thos. And Richard, farmers, maltsters, and bakers
Hollington George, victualler, stone, lime, and coal dealer, Fish and Anchor
Moore Thomas, farmer and beer retailer
Osborn John, blacksmith
Rimell William, farmer, Court House
Slatter Jonathan, farmer
Smith George, farmer, Middle Littleton
Wheatfield John, boot and shoe maker.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855