Newland is a chapelry to Great Malvern, from which it is distant about 2 miles. It contained in 1851 a population of 140 inhabitants.
The Chapel is a very small edifice, standing near the road leading to Worcester. There is no stated minister. James Gurney, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Creswell James, farmer
Lakin Henry, steward to Earl Beauchamp, Newland Court
Pullen William, butcher and farmer; house Powick
Williams Jemima, blacksmith and Sub-Postmistress
Williams John, victualler, Swan
Winnall Mr., farmer, Monkfields
Post Office, near the Swan – Jemima Williams, Sub-Postmistress. Delivery, 7 30 a.m.; despatch, 6 30p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855