Lulsley is a township and chapelry in the parish of Suckley, situate on the river Teme, 10 ½ miles W. of Worcester, in the western division of the county and hundred of Upper Doddingtree; union and highway district of Martley; polling district of Suckley; petty sessional division of Worcester; annual rateable value, £1,453; population in 1861, 149; in 1871, 159, with 37 inhabited houses, and 43 families or separate occupiers. Francis Edward Williams, Esq., and the representatives of the late Joseph Fetherstonhaugh, Esq., are the principal landowners. The soil is loam and clay; subsoil, clay; chief products, wheat, barley, hops, &c. Knightwick station, on the Worcester and Bromyard railway, is situate in this township. The living of Lulsley is a chapelry annexed with that of Alfrick to the rectory of Suckley. The Rev. John Pearson, M.A., Exeter College, Oxford, is the rector, and the Rev. Samuel Sidney Heathcote, B.A., Exeter College, Oxford, is the curate. The chapel is a small plain building dedicated to St. Giles. Ravenhill is a place in this chapelry.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters are received through Worcester. The nearest money-order and telegraph office is at Bromyard. Post town, Worcester.
Chapel-of-Ease (St. Giles’s). – Rev. John Pearson, M.A., Rector; Rev. Samuel Sidney Heathcote, B.A., Curate; Mr. John Harris Powell, Chapel Warden; John Banner, Clerk.
Knightwick Railway Station (Worcester and Bromyard Railway). – Allan Thomas Preece, Station Master.
Day Mrs., Ravenhill house
AGRICULTURAL & COMMERCIAL.
Banner John, shopkpr. and parish clerk
Done John, farmer, The Green
Jones Mrs. Ann, cottage farmer, Ravenhill
Knowles Mrs., shopkeeper, Blackswell
Parker James, farmer and hop grower, Lulsley court
Powell John Harris, farmer and hop grower, Upper court
Powell Thomas, farmer and hop grower, The Hill
Stokes Wm., Fox and Hounds Inn, near Knightwick railway station
Turbutt Edwin, farmer and threshing-machine proprietor, Old House farm
Turbutt William, farmer and hop grower, Green street
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.