Kenswick, formerly extra-parochial, has become a parish for the purposes of Act, 20 Vict., c.19. It is situate between the parishes of Wichenford and Hallow, 4 ½ miles N.W. of Worcester, in the western division of the county, Lower Oswaldslow, Martley union, highway, and polling district, Worcester county court district and petty sessional division. The population in 1861 was 21; in 1871, 16, and only 4 inhabited houses. The acreage is 424; annual rateable value, £708. Daniel Britten, Esq., J.P., is lord of the manor and owner of the parish. The soil is clayey, producing wheat, beans, barley, and roots. There was formerly a chapel in this place, in which service was performed once a month, the owner of Kenswick paying £10 per annum for this privilege; but the chapel has been taken down.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters arrive by messenger from Worcester, which is the nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town.
Britten Daniel, Esq., J.P., Kenswick; and 7 Hanover terrace, Regent’s park, London, N.W.
Hodges J., farm bailiff to D. Britten, Esq.
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.