Dormstone [sic] is a small parish 10 ½ miles E. of Worcester, and 7 ½ W. of Alcester; is in the eastern division of the county, and hundred of Upper Pershore; union, petty sessional division, and county court district of Pershore; polling district of Inkberrow; acreage, 770; annual rateable value, £734. The population in 1861 was 97; in 1871, 124, with 23 inhabited houses. William Laslett, Esq., of Abberton hall, is the principal landowner. The soil is a stiff clay; subsoil, clay and stone; chief crops, wheat, beans, and oats. The living is a vicarage in the diocese and archdeaconry of Worcester and rural deanery of Feckenham; value, with Kington rectory, £120 yearly; patron, William Laslett, Esq.; vicar, Rev. William Blake Atkinson, who was instituted in March 1879. The church is a plain stone building, with nave, chancel, and tower containing three bells. Bag-end, and a gabled and moated house, are notabilia here.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters are received through Worcester. As there is no rural messenger for this parish, letters are left at Kington till called for. Feckenham is the nearest money-order and telegraph office. Post town, Worcester.
Parish Church. – Rev. William Blake Atkinson, Vicar; Messrs. William Sherwood and Edward Pugh, Churchwardens; Jph. Glover, Parish Clerk.
AGRICULTURAL & COMMERCIAL.
Edgcombe James, farmer, Coneybury farm
Gardner Joseph, farmer
Glover Joseph, parish clerk
Gower Edward, farmer
Green Thomas, farmer, Bag-end farm
Halford William, farmer, Quarry pits; and in Kington parish
Jones Alexander, cooper
Pugh Edward, farmer, Moat farm
Sherwood William, farmer, Hill farm
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.