Crutch was formerly an extra-parochial place of Dodderhill, but is now a parish, constituted under 20th Victoria, c. 19. It is distant 2 miles N. of Droitwich, and consists of one farm; is in the eastern division of the county, hundred of Upper Halfshire, union, county court district, petty sessional division, and parliamentary borough of Droitwich; annual rateable value, £470; population in 1861, 11, and in 1871, 10. The area is 310 statute acres; soil, clay and marl. R. A. Douglas Gresley, Esq., and the Executors of the late Rev. H. T. Philpott, are lords of the manor and owners of the soil. Crutch belonged anciently to the nunnery of Westwood; at the termination of the dispute between that house and the monks of Worcester, in 1313, it was discharged from payment of tithes, and became extra-parochial.
POSTAL REGULATIONS. – Letters are received through Droitwich, its nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town.
RESIDENT. – Wilson William, farmer, Crutch farm.
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.