Churchill (near Worcester) Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855


Churchill is a small parish, situated about 5 miles E.S.E. from Worcester, and in 1851 contained 94 inhabitants.

The Church, dedicated to St, Michael, was probably built about the thirteenth century, and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-cot tower. The windows are early English, and other features are of about the same style. The church is small, and contains nothing of interest. There are a few charitable donations for the benefit of the poor. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of Robert Berkeley, Esq. Rev. George Dinely, B.D., Rector; Rev. George Jenkins, M.A., Curate; Mr. William Summerton, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.

DIRECTORY

Jenkins Rev. George, M.A., Curate, Rectory

Bullock Henry, farmer, Churchill Farm

Cormell William, miller, Churchill Mill

Jackson George, farmer, Townsend

Nash William, farm Bailiff to R. Berkeley, Esq., Churchill Wood Farm

Webb George, shoe maker

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.