Bredicot Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855



Bredicot is a very small parish, about 3 miles E. of Worcester, and contained in 1851 a population of 65 inhabitants.

The Church, dedicated to St. James, is a small old building, in the early English style of architecture, and contains a stone pulpit. In the chancel is a carved oak chair, dated 1690, the gift of Henry Chamberlain, Esq., of Bredicot Court. The living is a Rectory, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Rev. Philip Sidney Ashworth, M.A., Rector; no Clerk appointed. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately with Tibberton.

The National School, for boys and girls was erected by subscription in 1842, for the poor children belonging to this and adjoining parishes: the land was given by the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Mr. John Jacob, Master; Harriet Jacob, Mistress. Average number of scholars – boys, 100, girls, 70.

DIRECTORY

Ashworth Rev. Philip S., M.A., Rector of Bredicot and Tibberton

Chamberlain Henry, Esq., Bredicot Court

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.