Bredicot Littleburys Worcester Directory 1905



Distances – 4 miles E. of Worcester, and 6 S. by E. of Droitwich.

Population – In 1901, 43. Acreage, 398.

Postal Information – Letters are received through Worcester, and are delivered about 7.30 p.m. The Wall Letter-box is cleared at 6.30 p.m. on week-days only. Telegrams may be sent from Spetchley Goods Station. Worcester (London Road) is the nearest money order office.

Parish Church (St. James) – Rev. Harry Edgar Erskine Arthure, M.A., Rector of Bredicot and Vicar of Tibberton (res., Tibberton Vicarage, Droitwich); Joseph Dorrell and Edward Major Kingsmill, Churchwardens.

Elementary School (boys, girls, and infants) – J. P. Phillips, Master; Mrs. Phillips, Sewing Mistress; Miss Tarran, Assistant Mistress.

Residents

Dorrell Joseph, Bredicot court

George Edwd., cottage farmer & landowner

Kingsmill Edwd. Major, farmer, Glebe farmer

Phillips J. P., schoolmaster, School house

Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.