Bransford Littleburys Worcester Directory 1905



Distances – Bransford Bridge, over the river Teme, is about 3 miles, and the Chapel 4 ½ miles, S. W. of Worcester.

Population – In 1901, 248. Acreage, 1020.

Postal Information – Post Office, Bransford Bridge; Charles Banks, Sub-postmaster. Letters and Parcels arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.15 a.m.; the delivery commences at 6 a.m.; letters are despatched by mail-cart at 7.45 p.m. on week-days and Sundays. St. John’s is the nearest money order and telegraph office. Post town, Worcester. The Letterbox in the Rectory wall at Leigh Hurst is cleared at 7. 38 p.m. on week-days and Sundays.

Chapel of Ease (St. John The Baptist) – Rev. A. M. Manley, M.A., Rector; John Newman, Churchwarden. (The Registers date from 1767.)

Bransford Road Station – Great Western Railway (in Powick parish) – William Curnock, Station Master.

Residents

Banks Charles, baker and sub-postmaster, Post office, Branford Bridge

Bartley J. C., Elmgrove

Busk Henry & Walter, practical machinists, blacksmiths, &c.

Busk Walter, Suckley road

Cazalet Edward J., farmer, Bransford court

Curnock Wm., station master, Railway statn.

Davis Thomas, station master at Leigh Court, Rose cottage

Essex Wm., farmer & hop grower, Gilberts

Grainger George, Bear & Ragged Staff Inn

Hardman George, farmer, Hole farm

Hooper John, boot & shoe maker

Mann Henry, assistant overseer for Leigh and Bransford

Mann William, relieving officer & registrar for Leigh district

Marshall George, coal agent (for J. & N. Nadin & Co.), Suckley road

Newman Jno., farmer & hop grwr., New ho.

Onley-Prattenton Edwd. John, Bank house

Stephens Mrs, Vine cottage

Stone Richard, Fox Inn

Weaver Samuel, farmer, Braces Leigh

White Thomas, miller, Bransford mills

Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.