Bishampton is a parish and Village 4 miles N.N.E. of Pershore, and 7 N.N.W. of Evesham. The parish contains near 2,000 acres, exempt from Tithe; the population is 440. In 1832, two skeletons (females) and two daggers were found here. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Bishop of Worcester, and incumbency of the Rev. Henry Southall, B.A.; the church is at the N. end of the village, of Gothic architecture, erected in the twelfth century; the S. W. side of the tower, presents an ancient, yet beautiful appearance; the church will seat 240; service once each Sunday, morning and afternoon alternately; and Moses Ford, is clerk. A short time ago, the Rev. H. Southall erected a small barrel organ in the singing gallery, at an expense of £40. A School was erected by Lord Harrowby, in 1840, at an expense of from £30. to £40., taught on Bell’s system, and chiefly supported by Lords Harrowby and Sandon.
Beck John, blacksmith
Brooke Philip B., boarding and day school master
Brookes W. wheelwright, &c.
Bullock William, school teacher
Curnock John, sen.
Curnock John, jun. farmer
Dorrell James, farmer
Davies Ann, dressmaker
Davies Joseph, blacksmith
Farley William, shoemaker
Firkins William, farmer
Fletcher John, farmer
Ford M. wheelwright and parish clerk
Ganderton J. tailor and draper
Green John, farmer
Hale W. shopkeeper and carrier
Hill Thomas, vict. Dolphin
Kings John, beerseller
Kings Thomas, farmer
Niblett B. wheelwright & builder
Nightingale W. R. farmer
Southall Rev. Henry, B.A. Vicarage House
Spiers R. farmer, Vicarage farm
Stephens Robert, baker
Tustin William, shoemaker
Wagstaff M. maltster & butcher
Willetts Benjamin, farmer
Williams J. builder and wheelwright
Woodward J. & F. farmers, Dean Lodge
Woodward Mrs. Mary
To Evesham, W. Hale, Mon. To Redditch, Tues. and to Worcester, Sat.
Source: Bentley’s history, guide, and alphabetical and classified directory, of the borough of Evesham of the market towns of Pershore, Shipston-upon-Stour, and Upton-upon-Severn, and the villages of Broadway and Great Malvern; and an history and alphabetical directory of seventy-eight parishes in the county south of the city of Worcester … forming vol. III of Bentley’s history, directory, and statistics of Worcestershire. Published 1840 by Printed for the proprietor, by Bull & Turner in Birmingham.