Inglesham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin: 1589
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Inglesham
- Highworth with Sevenhampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Inglesham, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; on the river Isis, adjacent to Berks and Gloucestershire, 1½ mile SSW of Lechlade, and 6 WNW of Faringdon r. station. Post town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 927. Real property, £1, 134. Pop., 119. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £295. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is Norman, has an open bell turret, and was recently in bad condition.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Inglesham, a parish, partly in Faringdon hund., Berkshire, but chiefly in that of Highworth, Cricklade, and Staple, union of Highworth and Swindon, Wiltshire; 3 miles north of Highworth, on the southern bank of the Thames. Living, a vicarage in the archd. of Wilts and dio. of Salisbury; rated at £8; gross income £295. Patron, the bishop of Salisbury. This parish possesses a day and Sunday school. Charities, in 1837, £1 per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £143. Acres 890. Houses 24. A.P. £849. Pop., in 1801, 89; in 1831, 133.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Family History Links
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Highworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Cricklade
- Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
- Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
- Province: Canterbury