Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St John The Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1655
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608; 1622
Parishes adjacent to Allington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALLINGTON, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, and on the Roman road from Old Sarum to Silchester, 2½ miles NE of Porton r. station, and 3¾ ESE of Amesbury. Post Town, Salisbury. Acres, 936. Real property, with Cholderton and Newton-Toney, £4,537. Pop., 93. Houses, 20. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £270. Patron, the Earl of Craven. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Allington, (formerly Aldington), a parish in the union of Amesbury, division of Salisbury and Amesbury, Wilts; 3½ miles east-south-east of Amesbury, on a branch of the Avon. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Salisbury; rated at £14 13s. 4d.; gross income £250. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Craven. There is a small daily school here, and a Baptist church. Pop., in 1801, 75; in 1831, 80. Houses 11. Acres 460. A. P. £721. Poor rates, in 1837, £72.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Marriages at Allington 1623-1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Amesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Amesbury
- Hundred: Amesbury
- Province: Canterbury
Last Updated: 27 January 2019