Wixford is a chapelry of Exhall (near Alcester) Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Wigglesford
Parish registers begin: 1540
Parishes adjacent to Wixford
- Bidford on Avon
- Salford Priors
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIXFORD, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Arrow, and on the Barnt-Green, Redditch, and Tewkesbury railway, 2 miles S of Alcester. It has a postal letter-box under Redditch, a r. station, and an inn. Acres, 530. Real property, £1,204. Pop., 123. Houses, 31. The manor belongs to Sir W. Throckmorton. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Exhall. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wixford, 2 miles S. Alcester. P. 121
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Alcester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Alcester
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury