Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Parishes adjacent to Binton
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Binton, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; on the river Avon, 4 miles W by S of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post-town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,697. Pop., 230. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. Paving-stone is quarried; and needles and fish-hooks are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140. Patron, the Marquis of Hertford. The church is decayed.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Warwick
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon