Arley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Sloley Hill.
Parish registers begin: 1557
Parishes adjacent to Arley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARLEY, a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick; on the Birmingham and Leicester railway, with a r. station, 6 miles W by S of Nuneaton. It includes a place called Sloley Hill; and its Post Town is Fillongley under Coven try. Acres, 1,929. Real property, £3,366. Pop., 230. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £351. Patron, the Rev. Roger R. Vaughton. The church is good; and there are charities £36.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Arley, 5 miles E. Coleshill. P. 265.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
ARLEY, a parish in the Kirby division of the hund. of Knightlow, union of Nuneaton, Warwickshire; 6 miles west by south from Nuneaton. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; rated at £9 0s. 7d.; gross income £407. Patron, in 1835, the Rev. R. B. Vaughton. There is a free school here endowed by William Avery. The annual income is £15; attendance 30. Other charities connected with the parish produce £19 13s. yearly. Pop., in 1801, 254; in 1831, 270 Houses 57. Acres 2,130. A. P. £2,391. Poor rates, in 1837, £139
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Nuneaton
- Probate Court: Court of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield (Cathedral)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Nuneaton
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury