Castle Church is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Stafford Castle Church
Other places in the parish include: Rickerscote.
Parish registers begin: 1567
Parishes adjacent to Castle Church
- Stafford St Mary
- Acton Trussell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CASTLE-CHURCH, a parish and a subdistrict in the district and county of Stafford. The parish adjoins the south-western suburbs of Stafford; and includes the townships of Forebridge and Rickerscote. Post Town, Stafford. Acres, 3,774. Rated property, £15,772. Pop., 3,362. Houses, 669. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £120. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but good. A district church, forming a separate charge, is in Forebridge; and there is a neat Roman Catholic chapel. The subdistrict contains three parishes and part of another. Acres, 13,071. Pop., 5,413. Houses, 1,089.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stafford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Stafford
- Poor Law Union: Cheadle
- Hundred: East Cuttlestone
- Province: Canterbury