Barlaston Staffordshire Family History Guide



Barlaston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1575

Nonconformists include: Protestant Dissenters

Parishes adjacent to Barlaston

  • Stone Christ Church
  • Blurton
  • Trentham
  • Stone

Historical Descriptions


The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BARLASTON, a parish in Stone district, Stafford; on the Grand Trunk canal and the North Stafford railway, 3½ miles NNW of Stone. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Stone. Acres, 2,157. Real property, £5,078. Pop., 637. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Barlaston Hall was formerly a seat of the Bagnalls; and is now the seat of a branch of the Adderleys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is modern, but has an ancient tower. Charities, £24.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Stone
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Trentham
  • Poor Law Union: Stone
  • Hundred: South Pirehill
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.