Wrockwardine Wood, Shropshire Family History Guide

Wrockwardine Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1834 from Wrockwardine Ancient Parish.

Parish church: Holy Trinity

Parish registers begin: 1833

Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.

Parishes adjacent to Wrockwardine Wood

  • Lilleshall
  • Wombridge
  • Wellington
  • Priors Lee
  • Donington Wood

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

WROCKWARDINE-WOOD, a township in Wrockwardine parish, and a chapelry partly also in Eyton-upon-the-Wild-Moors parish, Salop. The township lies 1 mile N of Oakengates r. station, and 3½ E of Wellington; and has a post-office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 502. Pop. in 1851, 2,099; in 1861, 3,317.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Wrockwardine Wood Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wellington (Shropshire)
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Newport
  • Poor Law Union: Wellington
  • Hundred: South Bradford
  • Province: Canterbury

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.