Whitton is a chapelry of Burford Ancient Parish in Shropshire.
Parish church: St Mary the Virgin
Parish registers begin: 1825
Parishes adjacent to Whitton
- Hope Bagot
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Whitton, a township in the parish of Burford, hund. of Overs, union of Tenbury, county of Salop; 3½ miles north-west by north of Tenbury. Tithes of Whitton, with those of Vennington-Marsh and Wigmore, commuted in 1840; aggregate amount £324 17s. 5d. Acreage with the parish. Houses 14. A.P. £1,094. Pop., in 1801, 62; in 1831, 76. Poor rates, in 1838, £31 12s. See Burford.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
WHITTON, a township in the parish of BURFORD, hundred of OVERS, county of SALOP, 3½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Tenbury, containing 68 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Overs
- Province: Canterbury