Wheathill is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1573
Parishes adjacent to Wheathill
- Bitterley with Middleton
- Stoke St Milborough
- Aston Botterell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHEATHILL, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; 6½ miles NW by N of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,415. Rated property, £960. Pop., 123. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to Viscount Boyne. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £277. Patron, the Rev. B. Churton. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Wheathill Shropshire Parish Documents 1902
(Loughton, for ecclesiastical purposes, is attached to the parish of Wheathill)
Documents in the custody of the Parish Meeting. – Kept by the Chairman, viz:-
- Parish Meeting Minute Book.
Documents in the custody of the Rector. – Kept in a box in the Rectory, Viz:-
- General Register, 1573 – 1709
- General Register, 1685 – 1754, then Baptisms and Burials only to 1758.
Register of Baptisms and Burials, 1760 – 1800
- Register of Baptisms and Burials, 1801 – 1811
- Register of Baptisms, 1813 – in use
- Register of Banns and Marriages, 1754 – 1812
- Register of Marriages, 1813 – 1855
- Register of Marriages (including perish of Loughton), 1838 – in use
Register of Burials, 1813 – 1879
Churchwardens’ and Overseers’ Account Book, 1787 – 1816
- Overseers’ Account Book, 1816 – 1837
- Tithe Map and Apportionment, dated 1841
- Miscellaneous papers.
Source: Shropshire Parish Documents published 1902. A report of the Inspection of Parish Documents made to Salop County Council under section 17 of the Local Government Act 1894. Note: The location of the documents listed in this transcription are as cited in the book published in 1902 and should be used as a guide only. It should not be assumed that the documents are still kept at the stated location. Interested parties should perhaps contact Shropshire records office to ascertain the documents current whereabouts.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury