Tugford, Shropshire Family History Guide


Tugford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.

Other places in the parish include: Baughcott.

Status: Ancient Parish

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1787
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1638

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Tugford

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

TUGFORD, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; 8½ miles NNE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £1,828. Pop., 119. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to Pemberton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833

Tugford, co. Salop.

P. T. Ludlow (142) 11 m. NNE. Pop. 186.

A parish in the hundred of Munslow; living a dis. rectory in the archdeaconry of Salop and diocese of Hereford; valued in K. B. 4l. 13s. 4d.; ann. val. P. R. 124l. 16s.; church ded. to St. Catherine; patron, the Bishop of Hereford.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.

Poll Books

Tugford, Shropshire, Poll Book 1865

Administration

County: Shropshire
Civil Registration District: Ludlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Hereford
Rural Deanery: Wenlock
Poor Law Union: Ludlow
Hundred: Munslow
Province: Canterbury



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.