Sidbury is a parish, 6 miles from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of Stottesden hundred, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford. The church of the Holy Trinity is an old stone building. The living is a rectory, yearly value £160, including glebe house and 34 acres of glebe land, in the gift of the Earl of Shrewsbury. William Henry Cresswell, Esq., of Pickney Park, Wilts, is chief landowner, and is lord of the manor. The soil is a strong loan; the subsoil is chiefly stiff clay. The area is 1,248 acres, and the population in 1861 was 60; gross estimated rental, £1,386; rateable value, £1,306.
Letters are received through Bridgnorth.
Thursfield Rev. Richard, B.A., Rectory
Darby Richard Sorton, farmer, Hawkswood
Mapp Mary, farmer, Sidbury hall
Mapp Richard, farmer, Lower House
Massey Joseph, farmer, The Batch
Pritchard Samuel, farmer, Highland
Snow Harriet and Catherine, farmers, Upper house
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s History, Gazetteer, & Directory of Shropshire. Printed Shrewsbury 1875.