Knowbury is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1844 from Bitterley with Middleton Ancient Parish and Caynham Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St. Paul
Parish registers begin: 1840
Parishes adjacent to Knowbury
- Bitterley with Middleton
- Hope Bagot
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KNOWBURY, a village in Cainham parish, and a chapelry partly also in Bitterley parish, Salop. The village stands 4 miles E of Ludlow r. station, and has a post office under Ludlow. The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Pop. in 1861, 655. Houses, 142. Pop. of the Cainham portion, 387. Houses, 82. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Overs; Munslow
- Province: Canterbury