Greet is a parish and village, 6 miles from Ludlow, and 2 from Tenbury, in the Southern division of the county, Overs hundred, Tenbury union and county court district of Hereford; it is situated near the Ledwich and Teme rivers and Leominster canal. The church is an old building in the Early English style, and was repaired in 1855. The living is a rectory, yearly value £100, with residence and 38 acres of glebe land, in the gift of T. H. Hope-Edwardes, Esq. T. H. Hope-Edwardes, Esq., lord of the manor, and P. P. Williams, Esq., are chief landowners. The soil is a stiff clay; the subsoil is clay. The area is 1,040 acres, and the population in 1861 was 129; gross estimated rental, £1,382; rateable value, £1,261.
Letters are received through Tenbury.
Hop-Edwardes Rev. St. Leger, Rectory
Corfield Thomas, farmer
Hardwick John, wheelwright
Mason Richard, farmer
Rawlings John, farmer, Stoke farm
Rawlings Richd. farmer, Rockhill farm
Smith William, farmer
Whiteman Richard, farmer
Williams Thomas, blacksmith
Source: Edward Cassey & Co’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871