Eardiston is a pleasantly situated township and village, in the parish of Ruyton-of-the-Eleven-Towns, two and a half miles west from Ruyton, and in the southern division of the county, hundred, union, and county court district of Oswestry, and diocese of Lichfield. On the 18th June, 1860, the Hon. Mrs. Kenyon laid the foundation stone of a church, close to the private grounds of the mansion, which has since been completed at her own expense; it is in the Early English style. The church is not consecrated. The principal landowners are John Robert Kenyon, Esq., Q.C., and W. B. Oswell Esq. The soil is mostly a stiff loam, with a portion of sand; subsoil, sandstone rock. The area is 706 acres.
Letters are received at Shrewsbury, via West Felton.
Kenyon John Robert, esq., Q. C. (recorder of Oswestry and deputy chairman of quarter sessions), Pradoe
Kenyon Rowland Whitehall, Esq., Pradoe
Oswell William B., esq., Eardiston house
Clark John, maltster, Lane end
Wilkinson Thomas, gardener Brook Cottage
Dovaston William, tailor
Gidwell William, butcher
Pearce John, blacksmith
Price Charles, stonemason
Williams James and Richard, farmers
Williams Arthur, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871