Dodington Shropshire Family History Guide



Dodington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1849 from Whitchurch Ancient Parish.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, and Unitarian.

Parishes adjacent to Dodington

  • Whitchurch
  • Bronington
  • Malpas

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

DODINGTON, a township in Whitchurch parish, Salop; near Whitchuch. Pop., 1,010.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Dodington. A township in the parish of Whitchurch, and in the Whitchurch division of Bradford, North, adjoining to Whitchurch.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Parish Registers

Whitchurch, Dodington Presbyterian Chapel Register 1708 to 1812

Shropshire parish registers: Nonconformist and Roman Catholic registers (1903)

Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society; Evans, George Eyre; Fletcher, W. G. D. (William George Dimock), 1851-1935; Kinsella, William

Publisher: [London]: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society.

Whitchurch, Dodington Presbyterian Chapel Register 1708 to 1812 – Archive.org

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wem
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
  • Poor Law Union: Whitchurch Incorp
  • Hundred: North Bradford
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.