Doddington Shropshire Family History Guide



Doddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1848 from Cleobury Mortimer Ancient Parish and Coreley Ancient Parish.

Alternative names: Clee Hill St John, Ditton

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Parishes adjacent to Doddington

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

DODDINGTON, a liberty in Cleobury-Mortimer parish, Salop.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824

Doddington. A township in the parish of Cleobury Mortimer, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden.

Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
  • Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
  • Hundred: Stottesdon
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.