Burwarton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Burwarton
Burwarton Shropshire The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Burwarton, a parish in the hund. of Stottesden, union of Bridgnorth, county of Salop; 10½ miles north-east of Ludlow; a streamlet of the river Rea passes through it. Living, a discharged rectory in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £4 6s. 8d., and in the parliamentary returns at £118; gross income £129. Patron, in 1835, the Rev. J. Churton. Pop., in 1801, 107; in 1831, 112. Houses 22. Acres 1,170. A. P. £626. Poor rates, in 1837, £50.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Burwarton Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Burwarton. A parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 22 houses, 123 inhabitants. 9 miles south-west of Bridgnorth.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury