Boraston is a chapelry of Burford Ancient Parish in Shropshire.
Alternative names: Buraston-with-Whetmore, Buraston and Boreaston
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Boraston
- Kington on Teme
Buraston-with-Whetmore Shropshire The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Buraston-with-Whetmore, a township in the parish of Burford, hund. of Overs, county of Salop; 2 miles north-east of Tenbury, in the vicinity of the Leominster canal. A chapel-of-ease has been erected here. Pop., in 1801, 291; in 1821, 226. Houses and acres with the parish. A. P. £1,587. Poor rates, in 1837, £98.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Buraston with Whetmore Shropshire Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Buraston, with Whetmore, a chapelry, in the parish of Burford, union of Tenbury, hundred of Overs, S. division of Salop, 1¾ mile (N. E.) from Tenbury; containing 223 inhabitants. The Kington canal passes on the southern side of the village.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Buraston or Boreaston Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Buraston; or Boreaston. A township in the parish of Burford, and in the hundred of Overs. 7 miles south-west of Ludlow. Buraston and Whetmore townships contain 46 houses, 226 inhabitants.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Overs
- Province: Canterbury