Bayston Hill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1843 from Shrewsbury St Julian Ancient Parish and Condover Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1846
Parishes adjacent to Bayston Hill
- Meole Brace
- Shrewsbury St Chad
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BAYSTON-HILL, a chapelry in the parishes of Condover-and St. Julian, Salop; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 1 mile N of Condover station, and 3½ S of Shrewsbury. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post office under Shrewsbury. Pop., 605. Houses, 13 4. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140. Patron, the Vicar of St. Julian.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Bayston Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Bayston. A township in the parish of Condover, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. 2 ½ miles South of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham; Shrewsbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Shrewsbury
- Poor Law Union: Atcham, Shrewsbury
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury