Astley is a chapelry of Shrewsbury St Mary Ancient Parish in Shropshire.
Parish registers begin: 1695
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Astley
- Shrewsbury St Mary
- Haughton Demesne
Astley The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Astley, a chapelry in the parish of St Mary, liberties of Shrewsbury, Salop; 5 miles north-north east from Shrewsbury. Living, a perpetual curacy, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of St. Mary’s, Shrewsbury; rated at £5; gross income £56. Patrons, in 1835, the Mayor and Corporation of Shrewsbury. Pop., in 1801, 141; in 1831, 239. Houses 53. Acres 1,450. A. P. £2,528. Poor rates, in 1837, £44.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Astley Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Astley, in St. Mary’s, adjoining Shrewsbury. P. 264
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Astley Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Astley. A chapelry to St. Mary, Shrewsbury, in the liberties of Shrewsbury. 3 ½ miles north-east by north of Shrewsbury
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Astley Parish Registers
Astley Parish Registers 1579-1812
Shropshire Parish registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. V (1905)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Royal Peculiar of St Mary Shrewsbury
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Shrewsbury
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Albrighton Division
- Province: Canterbury