Stanford Bishop is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1745 from chapelry in Bromyard Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1699
Parishes adjacent to Stanford Bishop
- Acton Beauchamp
- Bishop’s Frome with Fromes Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANFORD-BISHOP, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3 miles SE of Bromyard r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 1,471. Real property, £1,806. Pop., 234. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £75. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is ancient but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury