Morton Jeffries is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1711
Parishes adjacent to Morton Jeffries
- Ocle Pychard
- Stoke Lacy
- Much Cowarne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MORETON-JEFFRIES, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 4¾ miles N of Stoke-Edith r. station, and 5½ SW of Bromyard. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 703. Real property, £524. Pop., 41. Houses, 6. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £50. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church has a small tower, and contains monuments of the Westwoods.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Morton-Jeffries, 8 m. N.E Hereford. P. 53.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Moreton Jeffreys, co. Hereford.
P. T. Bromyard (125) 5½ m. SW. Pop. 64.
A parish in the hundred of Radlow; living, a curacy in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, not in charge; ann. val. P. R. 37 l.; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Radlow
- Province: Canterbury