Tailors’ Hall, Tailors’ court, Broad street, is built on the ground granted to the Fraternity of Tailors of St. Ewen’s, wherein they met on festival days in their gowns to wait on the Mayor, and where they transacted the business of their society. The hall is now principally used for temperance gatherings. (See “Halls, Public.”)
Source: Arrowsmith’s Dictionary of Bristol. Edited by Henry J. Spear and J. W. Arrowsmith. Bristol 1884.