Stanley-Pontlarge is a township and parish, distant 4 miles from Toddington south-west, and 2 ½ north-west from Winchcomb, in the lower division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, Union of Winchcomb, East Gloucestershire, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. Here is a small ancient church, or chapel of ease. Living, a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Toddington. The population, in 1851, was 66; acreage, 647. The Earl of Wemyss and March is lord of the manor. A farm is named Manor Farm.
Arkell William, farmer, Manor farm
Lawrence Edmund, farmer
Letters received through Winchcomb, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.