Shipton Sollars, Gloucestershire Family History Guide



Shipton Sollars is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1653

Bishop’s Transcripts: 1577 (For records see Shipton Oliffe)

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Shipton Sollars

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

SHIPTON-SOLLARS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloncester; 6½ miles ESE of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £831. Pop., 80. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to W. Peachy, Esq. The living is annexed to Shipton-Oliffe. The church is ancient, but is not used.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Shipton-Sollars, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of Northleach, county of Gloucester; 6 miles west-north-west of Northleach, watered by the Colne. Living, a rectory annexed to that of Shipton-Sollars. Acres 1,160. Houses 20. A. P. £1,075. Pop., in 1801, returned with Shipton-Oliffe; in 1831, 98. Poor rates, in 1838, £33 19s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Northleach
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
  • Rural Deanery: Stow
  • Poor Law Union: Northleach
  • Hundred: Bradley
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.