Old Sodbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1684
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Parishes adjacent to Old Sodbury
- Little Sodbury
- Great Badminton
- Chipping Sodbury
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Sodbury (Old), a parish, with a village, in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; 3¾ miles E by S of Yate r. station. It has a post-office under Chipping-Sodbury, and a hotel. Acres, 3,637. Real property, £7,294. Pop., 809. Houses, 180. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Lye Grove House, belongs to W. H. H. Hartley, Esq. There is a Roman camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £460. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1858. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Old Sodbury Marriages
Marriages at Old Sodbury 1684-1812
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald’s Ash
- Province: Canterbury