Hucclecote is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire formed from Churchdown parish in 1851.
Parish church: St Philip and St James
Parish registers begin: 1851
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Hucclecote
- Upton St Leonards
- Gloucester St Mary de Lode
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Hucclecote, a hamlet and a chapelry in Churchdown parish, Gloucestershire. The hamlet lies on Ermine street, 2½ miles E by S of Gloucester r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 1, 517. Real property, £3, 809. Pop., 460. The property is much subdivided. There are some brick works.—The chapelry is less extensive than the hamlet, and was constituted in 1851. Pop., 359. Houses, 71. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £63. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church has a bell turret, and is very good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Huckle-Cot, 3 miles E. Gloucester. P. 4515
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury