Haywards Field, Gloucestershire Family History Guide


Hayward’s Field was a small parish in Stroud union, formerly extra-parochial but from 1884 onwards the extra-parochial area of Hayward’s Field was merged into the parish of Stonehouse.

Status:

  • Extra-Parochial Area (until 1884)
  • Civil Parish (1858 – 1884)

Historical Descriptions

Hayward’s Field Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Hayward’s Field is a small parish in Stroud union, formerly extra-parochial, but constituted a separate parish by the Act of the 20th Victoria, c. 19, containing, by the census of 1861, 5, and in 1871, 10 inhabitants, and about 20 acres of land; in the deanery of Stonehouse, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Whitstone, East Gloucestershire, adjoining Stonehouse, and forming part of the Parliamentary Borough of Stroud. The rateable value of this parish is £20.

Webster Joseph Wood, beer retailer

Stonehouse is the post town and nearest money order office.

Source: Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.

Administration

County: Gloucestershire
Civil Registration District: Stroud
Probate Court: Search the the surrounding parishes
Diocese:
Rural Deanery:
Poor Law Union: Stroud
Hundred: Whitstone
Province: Canterbury



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.