Hasfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: Originally St. Peter now St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1559
Parishes adjacent to Hasfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Hasfield, a village and a parish, in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester. The village stands near the river Severn and the boundary with Worcester, 6 miles N of Gloucester r. station; and has a post office pillar box under Gloucester. The parish comprises 1,460 acres. Real property, £3, 607. Pop., 299. Houses, 70. The manor belonged, in the Conqueror’s time, to the Pauncefoot family; and, with Hasfield Court, belongs now to Thomas Fulljames, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £378. Patron, the Rev. J. Sevier. The church is ancient, but good; consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with porch and tower; and contains a very ancient monument of the Pauncefoots, an ancient oak chest, and memorials of the Atwoods and the Fulljameses. There are a national school, and charities £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hasfield, 7 miles E. Newent. P. 304
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Family History Links
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Westminster (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury