Elmstone Hardwicke with Uckington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Uckington.
Parish registers begin: 1564
Parishes adjacent to Elmstone Hardwicke
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELMSTONE-HARDWICKE, a parish in Tewkesbury and Cheltenham districts, Gloucester; on the Gloucester and Birmingham railway, near Cleeve station, 3¾ miles NNW of Cheltenham. It contains the hamlet of Uckington; and its post town is Bishops-Cleeve, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,613. Real property, £2,460. Pop., 440. Houses, 102. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £233. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early Norman, and has some curious carvings.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cheltenham; Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury, Cheltenham
- Hundred: Deerhurst; Westminster (Gloucestershire)
- Province: Canterbury