Barton Hill St Luke is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1850 from Bristol St George Ecclesiastical Parish and Bristol Holy Trinity Ecclesiastical Parish.
In 1865 the parish was reduced to create Bristol the Unity Ecclesiastical Parish.
1868 it was further reduced to create Bristol St Silas Ecclesiastical Parish.
1886 it was further reduced to create Barton Hill Christ Church Ecclesiastical Parish.
1954 the parish was abolished to create Barton Hill St Luke With Christ Church Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Bristol St Luke
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1850
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
Parishes adjacent to Barton Hill St Luke
- Bristol Holy Trinity
- Bristol St George
- Bristol St Philip and St Jacob
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Clifton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Bristol
- Poor Law Union: Clifton
- Hundred: Barton Regis; Bristol City
- Province: Canterbury