Ampney Saint Peter, Easington (or Eastington) is a parish in Cirencester union, containing by the census of 1861, 188, and in 1871, 185 inhabitants, and 540 acres; in the deanery of Cirencester, archdeaconry of Bristol, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Crowthorne and Minety. East Gloucestershire; 3 ½ miles east from Cirencester and 5 west from Fairford. The living is a vicarage, valued at £60 per annum, in the incumbency of the Rev. Edward Andrew Daubeny, M.A. The church is a small edifice, dedicated to St. Peter, consisting of nave, chancel, and a low tower with two bells. Mr. Stevens is the chief landowner. The rateable value of this parish is £1058.
Trades and Professions
Barnfield Philip, beer retailer
Bee Mrs. Elizabeth, “Red Lion”
Day Charles, beer retailer
Newman Mrs. John, farmer
Ricketts Thomas, pig dealer
Smith Daniel, farmer
Spencer John, farmer
Spencer Samuel, carpenter
Stevens Charles Thomas, farmer
Stratford Richard, parish clerk
Taylor Edwin, baker and shopkeeper
Cirencester is the post town and nearest money order office
Source: Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.