Walton Holy Trinity, Buckinghamshire Family History Guide



Walton Holy Trinity is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire, created in 1846 from Aylesbury Ancient Parish.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1845

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Walton Holy Trinity

  • Aylesbury
  • Stone with Bishopstone
  • Stoke Mandeville
  • Hartwell
  • Weston Turville

Historical Descriptions

Walton

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

WALTON, a chapelry in Aylesbury parish, Bucks; including part of Aylesbury town. Post town, Aylesbury. Real property, £4,976. Pop., 1,150. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300. Patrons, Trustees.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Walton, near Aylesbury. P. 773

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.

Administration

  • County: Buckinghamshire
  • Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
  • Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Oxford
  • Rural Deanery: Wendover
  • Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
  • Hundred: Aylesbury Borough
  • Province: Canterbury


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.