Hardmead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Alternative names: Hormead
Parish registers begin: 1556
Parishes adjacent to Hardmead
- Clifton Reynes
- North Crawley
- Petsoe Manor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARDMEAD, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; adjacent to Beds, 4½ miles NE of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and NW of Marston. Post-town Newport-Pagmell. Acres, 1,113. Real property, £1,085. Pop., 91. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200. Patrons, the Executors of the late R. Shedden, Esq. The church is ancient and tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hardmead, 5 miles N.E. Newport-Pagnell. P. 83.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marriages at Hardmead or Hormead 1575-1813
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Oxford, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, Post-1844 – Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury