Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1569
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Sundon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SUNDON, a parish in Luton district, Beds; 4 miles NE of Dunstable r. station. It has a postal pillar-box under Dunstable. Acres, 2,160. Real property, £2,631. Pop., 450. Houses, 100. Most of the land belongs to the executors of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with Streatley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £163.* Patrons, the Trustees of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The church is early English. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Sundon, 4 miles N. W. Luton. P. 449
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Luton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
Rural Deanery: Dunstable
Poor Law Union: Luton